Houston Child Custody Lawyer

Get the Answers your Looking for and the Experience you need to win your case.

Houston child custody lawyer: In determining custody, the primary concern is the best interest of the child without regard to the sex of the parent or child.  Joint managing conservatorships are presumed to be in the best interest of the child; however, a finding of family violence involving the parents of a child removes the presumption.

The court uses the following factor in determining custody: (1) whether the physical, psychological, or emotional needs and development of the child will benefit from the appointment of joint managing conservators; (2) the ability of the parents to give first priority to the welfare of the child and reach shared decisions in the child’s best interest; (3) whether each parent can encourage and accept a positive relationship between the child and the other parent; (4) whether both parents participated in child rearing before the filing of the suit; (5) the geographical proximity of the parents’ residences; (6) if the child is 12 years of age or older, the child’s preference, if any, regarding the person to have the exclusive right to designate the primary residence of the child; and (7) any other relevant factors.

Houston Child Custody Attorney:

Ideally, parents should be able to work out an appropriate custody arrangement.  At The Law Office of Nora V. Law, we understand that this is not always the case and situations arise which require a custody fight.  It is during these times that The Law Office of Nora V. Law will ensure that your concerns, options, and position are represented.

Houston Family Law Attorney

Whatever your circumstances, family law issues are never easy and it pays to hire a lawyer you can trust.  The Law Office of Nora V. Law will show you what a difference an experienced and compassionate attorney can make in your family law matter.  Call Nora V. Law, Houston Family Lawyer to schedule an in-depth Consultation today at 281-829-7621.

Areas We Serve:
Harris County | Ft. Bend County